Skip to content
Right pointing chevron

News and blogs

Saving lives with professional gas services

Carbon monoxide is one of the deadliest toxins in our homes.

Colourless, tasteless and odourless, it is a silent killer, causing 60 deaths and poisoning up to 4,000 people each year in England and Wales.

It is caused by burning fuel, such as gas, meaning leaks can cause serious health issues, including brain damage, loss of consciousness and death within minutes.

To reduce the chances of a gas leak in your home, professional installation and maintenance is vital.

As the go-to people for property services, Liberty’s team of expert engineers are committed to delivering the highest quality of service and working together to make places safe, smart and better for everyone.

We ensure gas appliances are correctly installed and routinely serviced.

To maintain our rigorous standards, we use our in-house training and apprenticeships centre, Liberate Academy.

It provides essential accredited courses to ensure gas engineers have the necessary professional qualifications and train the next generation in how to keep home safe.

To mark Gas Safety Week, here are our top tips to keep your home safe:

Request an annual inspection

Ensure appliances are thoroughly checked by a Gas Safe-registered engineer each year.

Ask for ID

Always check whether your gas engineer is qualified for the job. This can be found on their Gas Safe ID card.

Warning signs

If an appliance isn’t working correctly, get it checked. For example, if you have a lazy yellow pilot light or it keeps going out, it must be inspected by a professional.

Look for symptoms

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, breathlessness and nausea.

Be alarmed

While the best way to keep your home safe from carbon monoxide poisoning is proper installation and maintenance of gas appliances, a CO alarm is a worthwhile investment.

For more information on keeping your home carbon monoxide-free, visit the Gas Safe Register‘s website.